4.22.2007

Platteville MTB TT

Yesterday marked the first Mountain Bike Race of the year. I have been reading blogs of all the west coast kids racing and have been jealous for quite some time. The trails have been muddy and racing was a while off. But a sunny 70+ degree day and some sweet single track knocked out that urge.

The course was a combination of single track and uhh single track. This tight fast course offered up some great climbs and some wicked descents. I took off 30 seconds behind Neil and ripped it the hole way. I felt good and the legs where there about a mile into the race I could see my first pickoff. Neil was just around the corner and I was push a good pace. I held this pace for most of the first lap and settled in a little for the second half of the first lap and first half of the second lap. I steadily picked off a rider here and there and got a good feel for the bike. About 3/4 of the way through the final lap I saw Carlos gaining on me and I decided to try to hang with his pace. It was slightly higher then mine but just enough to hurt pretty bad. I pogo ed off his blazing pace to the finish and then slammed a bunch of water. Neil was just ahead of me and congratulated me for beating him before I even got off my bike. What! your kidding right?

Well if Neil only would have known they screwed up the results and didn't mark me as finishing, I DNFed first time I ever DNFed after the race was over :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home