5.11.2006

Iola = Pain


So the first WORS race of the year has come and gone and with it my first experience of the speed of the expert men! Those guys can move and I suppose as the year goes on i too will have to move.
This race was a big jump for me and I had no idea what to expect. I came into it thinking I need to not blow up and finish the extra lap strong. That seemed like a reasonable strategy. So I jumped in the pack nervous and clueless. then the start. I sat in the middle as planned and did not feel as if I was having any problem with this. I let the front guys get and away and figured I was a middle of the packer no biggy. Then everyone started passing me. I didn't have the legs on me to ramp it up any so I just try to stay smooth and have fun. I was feeling a little low on fuel so I popped a couple of clif blocks and my stomache instantly let me know this was a bad Idea. SO I suffered for the rest of the race and decided to situp and enjoy the course. Which was kind of nice. It is not often I get to leisurely ride a race course and I rather enjoyed it. I eventually broke my chain and had to quit but a day of nothing going right was a pretty good day all in all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home