5.03.2006

Sweet Tire and the Pains of Getting There

Today was one of those days where you can't wait to go ride and then it all blows up in your face. I had a plan to go out to Camrock following work today so I bailed out a little early and flew to the course. The riding was great the weather was perfect and I felt awful!! I was sketchy on the bike and felt really out of wack. I rode for a while then I got to a down hill and I was sliding every where. My tires felt like I was riding on ice. I looked down and sure enough flat!

I tore a hole in my rear tire about the length of a nickel. No amount of stans will fill that so I packed up shop and rolled home. My plan was to throw on a new rear tire, a pair of sweet Maxxis Crossmarks, and go finish my ride in town. Enter the struggle! I could not for the life of me get the rear tire seated. I finally broke down and went to Farm and Fleet in full spandex mind you and bought an air compressor and some Armor All. This still took some major effort to work the tire onto the rim but it did work eventually.

But let me tell you it was all worth the trouble these tires are great! They are like fast glue! I can corner on rails and fly on the flats. Love them! I got in a great night ride and found some new tires that seem like they will be a really good find.



I also finished up the new header for the Michaels Cycles website this week check it out at www.michaelscycles.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home