12.18.2005

XC Skiing & Graduation

The order of my post should say something about what I am thinking about. I graduated college yesterday. Or rather I got to walk across the stage and not get my diploma. I still have finals this week and have a class to take over Winterim before I am done. This made graduating a little anti-climatic. But it was nice to be able to do, and my family enjoyed the ceremony.


Not all was lost at the ceremony though. I was happy to see some of my favorite teachers in attendance including Brian Lucas and Jeff Herriot. Two of the best teachers I have ever had. If anypne out their is going to the University of Wisconsin Whitewater the two teachers are great teachers and great people. Also their was some pretty funny stuff that happened. While we were marching in the girl in front of me was paying no attention at all and walked right into a pole and nocking it over then tripping on it lol. Then when we got in I noticed that they had posted the wrong date on the slide they were projecting on the wall I guess I was graduating on May 17 2005 hmm. I wish it was May... After that my parent took me and Holly out to dinner at a really nice restaraunt in Madison the Mariner. I had Mahi Mahi that they had flown in from the carribean that day it was Amazing, then I spoiled myself with dessert key lime pie ohh yeah. I also got some great gifts. Holly gave me a kit to shave my legs, I have never been a leg shaving advocate, but Holly says I will get made fun of racing Elite with hairy legs. I think its funny that a guy would get made fun of for not shaving their legs, bikers are really a strange breed. Bill got me a breast cancer awarness raqutball racket, it is a wonderful shade of lue and pink. :)


Today me, neil, and Bill went cross country skiing out at Kettle Morraine. We were planning on going on an easy loop first because none of us a cross country skiers. Well that plan failed we ended up going the wrong way and taking a fairly difficult trail. Needless to say crahes were often and hillarious. I think Bill had some of the best crashes and he got stuck coming up a few hills. But in his defense I was quite impressed he did so well because he has never skiied before.


I am now nervous about the Noquemanon cross country ski race. It took us 2 hours to do 5.5 miles 12 mile is going to take forever. Looks like I have some work to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home